The easiest way (we have found) to do this is:
- Select the picture (seems to work best out of MSWord or Powerpoint), copy it, and then paste it into the PDF document.
- When selecting the picture in the MSWord document or MSPowerpoint file, click on the picture to select it and use either “Ctrl+C” to copy the picture, or right click on the picture and select copy.
- Once you are in the PDF template you will need to select “Edit” then “Paste” from the toolbar, or use “Ctrl+V” to paste the picture. (You cannot right-click and "Paste") ***Note: Your cursor CANNOT be in a text box in order to work.***
Some of you are selecting high quality photos, which is great, but it may require a couple of additional steps in order to be able to adjust the photo once in the PDF... Here is what we have found to work so far:
From a blank MSPowerPoint slide, select “Insert” and “Picture”
Insert Picture dialog box will open.
Navigate to the file you would like to use, select it and “Insert” it.
It should look something like this:
Next, change the size of the picture. When you change the height, the width will change to keep the picture in proportion.
For Landscape photos change the height to 1.5 inches (“) and for Portrait photos change the height to 2.0”. Then hit the Enter key and the width should change proportionally.
Now, you are going to Adjust the picture by compressing it. So, click “Compress Pictures”.
Depending on the version of MS PowerPoint that you are using… A box like this will open up:
Change the Target Output selection to “Print (220 ppi)” and click OK.
At this point you can do anything else you’d like to in order to edit the photo, like add a border, etc.
Then “Copy” the picture (“Ctrl + C” or right-click “Copy” or “Edit” then “Copy”).
Once you are in the PDF template you will need to select “Edit” then “Paste” from the toolbar, or use “Ctrl+V” to paste the picture. (You cannot right-click and "Paste")
***Note: Your cursor CANNOT be in a text box in order to work.***
- Depending on the size of the photo, you will need to select it and re-size it (click and drag from the corner) to fit the area in which you are filling.
Stock photos, organized by Program Area, are provided in this MS Word document.
- Pictures may be used outside of the category in which they are placed. All photos contained in this document came from the UACES Flickr site. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/uacescomm/)
- If you wish to use your own pictures, the vertical and horizontal size guidelines are below:
- Vertical: 1.75” wide x 2..08” high
- Horizontal: 2.75” wide x 1.58” high